Last Updated on February 10, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service from an affiliate such as Amazon after clicking a link on this website, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
Vegetable Samosas Recipe
- Large mixing bowl
- Greased baking sheet
- 12 filo pastry sheets (each approx 30 x 18 / 12 x 7 inch)
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and roughly mashed
- 100 g (3 1/2 oz) cooked peas
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp amchoor (dried mango powder)
- 2 green chillies (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 small red onion (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- melted butter
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas Mark 6.
In a large bowl mix together the peas, potatoes, cumin, amchoor, chillies, onion, coriander, mint and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste and put to one side.
Fold each filo pastry sheet in half lengthways. Put a large spoonful of the potato mixture at one end and then fold the corner of the pastry over the mixture, covering it in a triangular shape. Continue folding over the triangle of pastry along the length of the pastry strip to make the samosa.
Place the samosas on a greased baking sheet, brush with the melted butter and bake in the oven for around 15 – 20 minutes or until nice and golden.
These delicious samosas can be made in advance then can be frozen until you require them.