Last Updated on May 7, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service from an affiliate such as Amazon after clicking a link on this website, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
An impact driver is a type of drill that’s typically used for driving larger screws and tightening/loosening bolts. Instead of the typical 13mm chuck found on a power drill, they have a 1/4″ hex bit holder for attaching screwdriver bits and bolt bits.
An impact wrench is a similar tool used by car mechanics to fit wheels to a car. These machines have a 1/2″ square drive, which is the typical fitting on the back of a socket, instead of a 1/4″ hex bit holder used on an impact driver.
On this page, you’ll find a list of 7 of the best cordless impact drivers currently for sale on Amazon. The list is regularly and automatically updated with the items displayed in order of popularity, starting with the No1 bestseller.
- Design: metal shell, larger ventilation holes accelerate the cooling efficiency. Brushless motor bring a more powerful ability, less Failure rate, longer lifetime
- Multi-function: forward and reverse switch, two speed regulation, intelligent regulation, torque up to 170N.m, suitable for screws and nuts of different specifications; LED working light, with good...
- Convenience: lightweight body design with screwdriver head bits and nut, suitable for daily use; The metal hook can be hung at the waist for aerial work. The canvas bag is easy to take in. Suitable...
- Intelligence: battery pack with power indicator, with over- heating protection, quick charger takes only 1 hour; battery pack and charger are compatible with the full range of products of INGCO P20S...
- Included components: 1 impact driver + 2 batteries+1 charger (UK Plug)+2 screwdriver bits (65mm) + 3 nut holders + 1 canvas bag
- 18V JCB POWERFUL IMPACT DRIVER: A great addition to your cordless tool kit the JCB 18V Impact Driver is the ultimate driver for site or home use. This cordless impact driver set includes the 18V...
- JCB CORDLESS IMPACT DRIVER FEATURES: This ergonomically designed impact driver has a rubber grip over-mould providing the user with increased comfort. With a belt clip that can be positioned on either...
- CONVENIENT HAND TOOLS: JCB tools are designed to suit construction workers and the everyday DIY lover. This battery powered impact driver kit delivers an incredible 150Nm of torque. It is designed...
- DESIGNED FOR LONGEVITY: The JCB range of power tools has been developed to reflect the JCB ethos of quality and innovation. JCB offer products that exceed the ever increasing standards and needs of...
- JCB PROFESSIONAL TOOLS: The experienced engineering and industrial design teams at JCB have produced a comprehensive range of power tools and accessories including the 18V Impact Driver. The ideology...
- High-powered Impact Driver Starter Kit designed to quickly fasten or loosen long screws or large bolts.
- Ideal for decking, fencing and roofing, where fastening larger fixings, coach bolts and long screws are essential.
- Achieves up to 200Nm of torque, 3600ipm impact rate and 3200rpm no load speed to quickly and efficiently drive screws.
- Featuring a variable speed trigger for greater control, an LED light to illuminate the work area, and a quick-load keyless hex drive for quick and easy bit changes.
- Includes a Ryobi ONE+ 2.0Ah battery and charger, compatible with over 100 other Ryobi ONE+ tools for the home and garden.
- 20V MAX BATTERY: The Cordless Driver comes with a 1.3Ah Lithium Ion battery and a charger for extended run time. Indicator on the the front of the battery to display how many power left for less...
- VARIABLE SPEED TRIGGER: Variable speed switch adjust speed by the amount of trigger depression. The trigger switch(0 and 2800rpm) allows to control your own drilling speed which perfects for what you...
- TOOL-LESS BITS CHANGE: With this special chuck, you can easily and quickly remove bits from the tool by simply pulling back on the collet. Insert the bits into the collet. No tools necessary
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE DESIGN & CONVENIENCE: Soft rubber handle provides a comfortable grip for being breezily operated in one hand, includes a belt hook attached to the base of the tool lets you hold on...
- WHAT YOU GET: 1*GALAX PRO 95307 Impact Driver, 1* 1.3A Battery, 1* Charger,1* Tool Holder, 6* Screwdriver Bits, 1* User Manual
- 👍 Brushless Brushless Motor-Low Interference, Low Noise and Smooth Operation👍 The frictional force of the brushless drill is greatly reduced, the operation is smooth, and the noise is much...
- 👍 Copper Wire Motor -Durable, Powerful and Low Maintenance Cost 👍 Cast copper rotor motors have the following advantages over conventional aluminum rotor motors: 1.Low loss; 2.High efficiency;...
- 👍180 N.m Powerful and robust cordless impact wrench 👍 The maximum torque is up to 180 Nm, the speed up to 3,200 revolutions per minute and the impact frequency up to 3,600 revolutions. It can be...
- 👍 Over-Discharge Protection & Compatible Battery 👍 The battery has over-discharge protection, it will stop automatically after it is fully charged, which is safer, if the current is too big and...
- 👍 What You Get 👍 WESCO 18V 2.0Ah system brushless hammer drill, belt clip, 50mm double ended bit,20pcs accessories: 10pcs 1/4“ hex shrank magnetic nut drivers ,(2pcs*: 6mm, 8mm, 10mm, 12mm,...
- 【High Torque & Multiple Speeds】 It delivers up to 420N.m of max torque with 2 speeds (0-2,200RPM & 0-4,800r/min)Stop wrestling with your rusty hand tools. Simply hold our auto-rotating power...
- 【Forward & Reverse Mode】select the direction of force for tightening / loosening per your requirement. With an LED light, allows user to get job done in even dark places.
- 【Ergonomic handle & LED light】The ergonomic handle makes the impact wrench comfortable to hold and easy to handle. The reduced vibrations offer low-fatigue working. The vision light offers you a...
- 【Fast charger & 21V Battery System】The 4.0Ah Li-Ion battery is simple and easy to attach to the charging station and you can see when the battery is charged by the red or green light. The battery...
- 【Package includes】 1 x Impact Driver; 1x battery, 1x charger 1 x User Manual 1x belt clip,1x contractor bag;50mm double ended bit,20pcs accessories: 10pcs 1/4“ hex shrank magnetic nut drivers...
- 【Upgrade 5000mAh Batteries】 Long lasting battery with real capacity of 5.0Ah, give you enough service time and reduce the charging frequency. Package includes 1 batteries, good for replacement and...
- 【 Upgrade Protection】Temperature Anomaly Protection；Hoare Anomaly Protection; Short-circuit Protection; Intelligent Dormancy; Electrodeless Variable- Speed; Rotation Blocking Protection; Lack of...
- 【High Torque & Multiple Speeds】 It delivers up to 23,20 in.lbs of max torque with 2 speeds (0-1,500 RPM Max & 0-2,800 IPM Max)
- 【Brushless Motor】Built-in brushless motor, enables this tool to run cooler and more efficiently, optimizes battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge.
- 【Package includes】 1 x 18V Cordless Impact Wrench 6 Sockets (14mm/17mm/18mm/19mm/21mm/22mm ), 1 Battery Charger, 1 Battery, 1 User Manual; 1 Carry Case
How to choose the best type of drill for you
Are you confused by the various types of drill on the market? In this short drill buying guide, we’ll dig a little deeper into your choices. You’ll also find some helpful tips and advice on how to choose the best drill for you.
How will you use your drill?
Knowing how you’ll use your drill helps focus your options.
For light DIY jobs around the house, such as hanging pictures, putting up shelves and building flatpack furniture, a drill driver is best. They’re used for drilling into different kinds of material such as wood and metal and for driving screws. They’re so much easier to use compared to traditional, manual screwdrivers, and they get the job done quicker!
For drilling into concrete or brickwork, you’ll need a combi drill with hammer function or a hammer drill. A drill driver doesn’t have the power to handle this type of DIY work.
That’s just a quick overview. Keep reading. We’re about to go into more detail.
4 types of electric power drill currently on the market
An electric power drill typically falls into one of the following categories:
- Combi drill
- Drill driver
- Impact driver
- Hammer drill
A combi (combination) drill is a great all-rounder. You use it for drilling into wood or metal and for driving screws. And when you switch to the hammer action, you can use it for drilling into concrete and masonry.
Whatever material you’re drilling into, always make sure you’re using the correct drill bit.
Pros of combi drills
- A versatile machine with the ability to drill into wood, metal, masonry and concrete
- Can be used as a standard drill, hammer drill or impact driver
- A wide range of choices with prices to fit every pocket
Cons of combi drills
- Lower torque and speed compared to impact drivers when driving screws
- Heavier and bulkier than other types of drill
Drill drivers don’t have the power or versatility of the combi drill. They’re a good choice for drilling into wood and metal and for driving screws. But they don’t have the power to tackle concrete or brickwork.
For drilling into brick walls or concrete posts, the drill driver is the wrong choice. For light DIY jobs around the home, it’s at the top of the list.
Pros of drill drivers
- Typically cheaper than combi drills
- Use on metal and wood
- Doubles up as a powerful and efficient screwdriver
Cons of drill drivers
- Not suitable for heavy work such as drilling into masonry
- Not as strong as a combi drill
Impact drivers add a bit of clout when needed. They’re high torque machines designed to drive screws or tighten/loosen bolts. Instead of the typical 13mm chuck you find on a power drill, they have a 1/4″ hex bit holder for attaching screwdriver and bolt bits.
You can use them for drilling but you’ll need a set of hex shank drill bits to do that.
Pros of impact drivers
- Ideal for high torque applications
- Awesome screwdriver
- Compact design so they can get into tight spaces
Cons of impact drivers
- Not suitable for drilling masonry
- Not as versatile as combi drills or drill drivers
Hammer drills are used for drilling into brickwork, stone and concrete. They use a hammering action to provide rapid and powerful blows to the material’s surface. With the proper machine and correct masonry bit, you’ll drill a hole in no time.
Pros of hammer drills
- Perfect for drilling into brickwork, stone and concrete
Cons of hammer drills
- Not designed to be used on wood or metal
- Not as versatile as a combi drill or drill driver
- Bulkier and heavier than other types of drill
When you’re buying a drill, always shop around for bargains. There are plenty to be had if you’re in the right place at the right time. Choose a machine that matches the kind of DIY work you do, and always spend as much as you can afford at the time.