Last Updated on August 5, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service from an affiliate such as Amazon after clicking a link on this website, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
On this page, you’ll find a list of 5 of the best portable workbenches currently for sale on Amazon. The list is regularly and automatically updated with the items displayed in order of popularity, starting with the No1 bestseller.
- Powder coated steel foldable workbench with MDF work surface.
- Built-in storage bar for easy storage and access to tools.
- Ergonomic composite handle and lightweight at only 14kg for ease of carrying.
- Worktop marked with 960mm measuring scale and 180° protractor.
- Maximum weight capacity: 100kg.
- DIMENSIONS: Folded: 34. 65 in L x 21. 81 in. W x 4. 41 in. H / Standing: 38. 19 in. L x 25. 39 in. W x 31. 89 in. H
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Made of heavy-duty resin with aluminum legs and a work space capacity of 1000 lbs.
- DURABLE AND STRONG: Weather-resistant polypropylene construction prevents rusting, peeling, and denting
- LESS THAN 30 SECOND SETUP: Simply remove the legs from their designated storage space and pop them into the tabletop
- LESS THAN 30 LBS: With its lightweight design and sturdy carrying handle, take your workbench just about anywhere.EASY STORAGE: Collapses down to 4.4 inches thick for easy storage in a...
- [Foldable] The folding woodworking table can be folded under the support of the table legs. Lightweight, easy to store, time-saving and labor-saving, and easy to carry. Woodworking table fixing clamp...
- [Sturdy] Sturdy structure, the load-bearing capacity of each sawhorse is up to 70KG, you can rest assured to store your belongings on it without damage
- [Anti-slip insert] The adjustable ratchet clip on the support rod helps to hold the material in place to improve stability.
- [Product accessories] The woodworking table comes with a series of accessories, including 2 leg tubes; 2 screw covers; 2 beam plates; 2 wood boards/1 pair; 1 package of screws and plastic parts; 4...
- [Multi-purpose] Convert from a workbench to a sawhorse, fixture or workbench without assembly. Ideal for garages and DIY work spaces that require all four types of equipment.
- Portable workbench with dual clamping action and 12 holes for work clamping dogs
- Maximum clamping width with dogs 240mm
- Folds flat for secure storage
- Model number: 68027
Portable DIY workbench buyer’s guide
A portable workbench is a useful piece of kit if you don’t have a dedicated workbench or similar to carry out DIY work. Basic workbenches won’t break the bank but they do provide you with a reliable way to safely carry out DIY work such as sawing, drilling, clamping and planing.
Cheaper portable workbenches tend to be weaker than the more expensive ones. You’ll find the metal and plastic materials they’re made from are lower quality, so metal legs can twist and feel weak, and plastic knobs and parts can come loose.
If you’re the kind of person who uses a portable workbench just a few times a year, a budget one is fine. If you need one every weekend (or more often), you’re better spending as much as you can afford and buying one made from strong materials that’s packed with the features you need.
When it comes to storage, most portable workbenches fold down so they can be tucked away into small spaces.
What to look for when buying a portable workbench
- Weight – portable workbenches are designed to be portable so they don’t weigh a lot, but the weight might be important to you
- Height – some workbenches offer a dual height feature for added versatility
- Dimensions – both in-use and when folded down for storage
- Strength – how much weight can it support?
- Vice jaw opening – the maximum gap between the two jaws
- Vice jaw material – typically wood (compressed bamboo or particleboard) or metal
- Assembled or self-assembly