Last Updated on August 5, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. If you buy a product or service from an affiliate such as Amazon after clicking a link on this website, we earn a commission from qualifying purchases.
On this page, you’ll find 4 of the best Black & Decker workmate benches currently for sale on Amazon.
A workbench, like the classic Black and Decker Workmate, is a useful and versatile tool for holding wood and other materials in place while you work. They don’t have the capability to hold larger pieces of wood and sheet materials in place, but for smaller pieces, they’re perfect.
Two attractive features of the workbenches like the ones on this list, are that they can be folded away when they’re not in use and you can carry them to the place you’re working. We’ve picked four of the best Workmates and created a handy comparison table so you can quickly see the main features of each workbench.
Black and Decker Workmates Comparison Table
How to choose a portable workbench
There’s no doubt that workbenches make DIY work easier. The workbench becomes that all-important second pair of hands you need to hold stuff in place. But how do you know which one to choose?
Once again, it all comes down to how you’re going to use it and how often. Top of the range workbenches cost upwards of £100. It’s only worth paying that kind of money if you’re going to use it a lot, or you need it for specialist work.
Watch the video below for an example of how much more an exensive Workmate can do compared to its cheaper counterpats. The model in the video is the one at the top of the list and the one we recommened if you love doing DIY. It’s the Black and Decker Workmate Deluxe Workbench WM825.
1. Black and Decker Workmate Deluxe Workbench WM825
- Dual working heights allows use as a workbench, bench tool stand, vice or sawhorse
- Heavyweight steel construction allows support of 250 kg
- Swivel pegs and jaw retention grooves provide clamping versatility and reliable material hold
- Advanced one-handed clamp system allows clamps to be adjusted together or independently
- Front jaw swings up for vertical clamping, increasing flexibility to clamp odd-shaped objects
2. Black and Decker Workmate Dual Height Tough Workbench WM626
- Dual working heights for use as a workbench, bench tool stand, vice, or sawhorse
- Durable steel frame construction with anti-slip rubber feet
- Folds flat for compact storage and easy transport
- Heavyweight steel construction allows support of 250kg
- Adjustable swivel pegs and jaw retention grooves provide clamping versatility and reliable material hold
3. Black and Decker Workmate Bench WM301
- Material: steel
- Brand: Black & Decker
- Product dimensions: 12.5 x 15.5 x 84 cm
- Colour: black
- Contents: 1 piece
4. Black and Decker Portable Workmate WM125
- Durable steel frame
- Non skid feet prevent sliding
- Measures 33.3 by 5 by 5 inches; Weighs 17.8 pounds
- Folds flat for easy storage
- Work bench holds upto 350 pounds.Included components: WM125 project center, (4) swivel pegs